This salad will knock your socks off! Literally you won’t be able to stop eating it! And that is okay… it is zero carbs and almost calorie free-no dressing needed! My inspiration for this dish came from Ali Fedotowsky, I made a couple of changes and additions to her recipe for an extra flavor punch.
I like to use roasted and salted edamame, it gives the salad that crouton crunch feel while being carb free. I also added chciekn for some extra protein but you can leave that off to keep it vegetarian,
Tips for this salad:
-Don’t over cook the cauliflower or it gets soggy
-Only use salt and pepper for spices… let the lemon juice and herbs do the talking!
-Grill your chicken for an added smokey flavor or use your favorite rotisserie chicken
-Serve cold or at room temperature
Let me know what you all think! I know you won’t be disappointed!
Cauliflower Herb Chicken Salad
- 3/4 cup dried edamame gives it that crouton crunch
- 1 lemon
- 2-3 cooked chicken thigh, diced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 14 ounce cauliflower rice/finely chopped
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup mint, chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup almond slices
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prep herbs
- Saute onions till translucent
- Remove onions, saute cauliflower (only takes 2-3 minutes, don't cook too long or the will get soggy)
- Chop cooked chicken
- Add all ingredients into bowl, squeeze lemon over
- Try not to eat it all!!!