Say goodbye to the brussel sprout you know and (never) loved. Yes, you know exactly what I am talking about… the boiled, mushy, flavorless, little green balls of yuck! Well maybe it was not that bad for you, but it was for me haha!
Have you jumped on board the brussel sprout, power veggie train? The new and improved way of cooking these little fellas will knock your socks off. I could seriously have them every night for a side dish or main course. I could even indulge in them for breakfast…. they are that good!
The recipe below is super easy… only 4 ingredients! And not only is it easy but they are healthy, low calorie, sugar free, dairy free, carb free, Whole30 approved, paleo and delicious! No corners were cut on flavor here folks. Check it out below and let me know what you think!
Bacon Mushroom Brussel Sprouts
- 1 bunch brussel sprout 20-25 whole sprouts
- 6 slices bacon
- 6 ounces mushroom slices
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast flakes optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- Clean and cut sprouts in half
- Cut raw bacon into 1 inch pieces, cook bacon in skillet, do not drain fat, remove bacon from pan
- Lay sprouts flat side down in bacon fat pan-helps get the blackened crunchy taste
- Add bacon back to pan with mushrooms, sprinkle nutritional flakes, stir frequently until mushrooms are cooked
- Get your veggie on!